What is Giving Tuesday?
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration.
Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
Donate to the UHC to help support our Operation Gelding program!
Donate to the UHC to help support our popular Operation Gelding program, which provides materials, guidance, and financial support to organizations that wish to host low or no-cost gelding clinics. Since its inception in August 2010, Operation Gelding has assisted in the castration of over 2,000 stallions, and we know there are thousands more out there that could use our help. Any donation towards this program helps the UHC continue to advance its mission and help those horses and horse owners in need! Click the logo below to donate today.*
*The UHC operates under the umbrella of the American Horse Council. As such, you may see text that reads “Donate to American Horse Council.” Rest assured, your donation will be going directly to the UHC!
WIN $500 in gelding vouchers for your favorite 501c3 equine welfare organization!
The Unwanted Horse Coalition promotes responsible ownership, supports gelding initiatives, and encourages individuals and organizations to Join The Effort by getting involved in activities that help reduce the number of unwanted horses.
This year, the UHC is asking people to give to their favorite 501c3 equine welfare organization on #GivingTuesday. The intent is to encourage giving to help unwanted horses and to feature the positive outcomes that result from the many great programs and organizations around the country.
ELIGIBILITY: Anyone interested in helping unwanted horses in the U.S.
WHAT TO DO:
- Read the official rules.
- Take an #UNselfie with a previously “unwanted” horse (or photo of that horse) while holding a sign with the name or logo of the 501c3 equine welfare organization* that you plan to support on #GivingTuesday. You can download a template or make your own sign.
UNselfie Sign Template (with a horse)
UNselfie Sign Template (photo of horse)
- Like the UHC Facebook page.
- Post your photo in the comments section of the official post on the UHC Facebook page. (Contest starts on November 15th and runs until November 28th)
- Photos can be posted from 8 AM ET on November 15, 2017 to 11pm ET on November 28, 2017.
- Photos must include rehabilitated (healthy) horses to illustrate the good that comes from supporting rescue, re-training, and other programs dedicated to helping unwanted horses.
- Individuals can submit more than one image IF they give to more than one organization on #GivingTuesday. Each photo must include a sign with a different organization*.
- Participants are pledging to be part of the international #GivingTuesday effort.
- Donations to the UHC are welcomed, but will not increase your likelihood of winning. The winner is selected by random drawing, and the results of the contest are final.
- The UHC reserves the right to remove any photo not in line with the rules of this contest.
- A random drawing of all entries will occur after #GivingTuesday. The winner will be notified via Facebook message, and will be announced on Facebook once the 501c3 organization* of choice is confirmed.
* The winner can select any registered 501c3 public charity that is dedicated solely to helping horses. The organization must use the vouchers within one-year of receipt. Vouchers can be used to geld horses on-site, to host a clinic, to assist local rescues with stallions, or to assist owners in their region.